SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Preferences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Music for Lovers of Vintage KEF Speakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allanson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Music Preferences Reply with quote

It has just occurred to me that we should also talk about the music we play. Perhaps we we will also have great agreement about music genres as well as about speakers. What music do you enjoy and play regularly? What music sounds best on your system? Of course tell us about your system at the same time.
Parts
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play everything I guess, mainly ambient and 70's rock.
ceda
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kef 104, Quad 405, Luxman SQ-700X works wonderful together, so everything with great middle range and sub. I usually listen music from middle 80's, Pink Floyd, The Stranglers, Yazoo, Depeche, some electronic, Kraftwerk and such... Also, Bireli Lagrene, Al Di Meola, and many more... You can see that goes and goes with all sorts of music but, if its produced well, on proper "stereo" Smile it should sound great.

Cheers!

Ceda
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preferences is for rock (but nothing too heavy) with some classical (but not opera), some mellow stuff.... hard to say, really.

Hayden, Handel, Beethoven... Baroque in general.... Beatles, Stones, The Who, Moody Blues, G n' R, Alan Parsons, blues...

Anyone excited about the Beatles remasters coming on Sept 9? I even heard that Dr Ebbets (sp?) is "retiring" since he's heard some clips of the new remasters.

I'll have to admit that I have been greatly disappointed with a lot of remasters in the past so I hope these sound like "music" as opposed to iPod friendly (bright/compressed) releases.

What I like about my KEFs is that they tell me exactly what's there..... Cool
Lee in Montreal
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to everything. From Diana Krall or Modern Jazz Quartet, to ambient, Kratftwerk, 1970's funk, Throbbing Gristtle, Art of Noise, Ambroisian and Gregorian chants. Everything.
Plenty of KEF components for a few fun builds
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tastes are from 70’s Rock, German Jazz-Rock and all forms of Jazz through Electronic music to what's around today, plus some Classical.

Although I cannot stand some obese cow supposedly a beautiful waif singing repeatedly about her cat’s lost testicles in an unintelligible tongue to some fat slob tenor who’s supposedly her handsome beau or Coldplay.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Although I cannot stand some obese cow supposedly a beautiful waif singing repeatedly about her cat’s lost testicles in an unintelligible tongue to some fat slob tenor who’s supposedly her handsome beau or Coldplay."

May i conclude that you are not an opera lover Collin??
BTW the weirdest description i ever read Very Happy
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW the weirdest description i ever read

Very Happy

I have this character trait I like accuracy Laughing .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well accurate it is, i knew right away what you were describing.
Sorry for the extra "l", strange that you, the accurate-one, didn't notice Wink
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Collin.... never could stand to listen to that stuff so I completely missed the comedy about the missing testicles... perhaps I should have persevered....

Naw. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Music for Lovers of Vintage KEF Speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: