SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ls3/5a and JR149

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: ls3/5a and JR149 Reply with quote

While my ls3/5a are "resettling", and they do appear to be getting better, I was wondering if anybody else had the chance to hear and compare these two speakers.

I had the JRs complete with sub for a couple of years. I found that the sub did not add a great deal to the JRs sound.

I don't have the JRs anymore but upon hearing the ls3/5a I did notice that they imaged much much better than the JRs and also had a more natural sound, eg. acoustic piano.

The JRs I had were gold labels. I had both the stock crossover and built myself the updated crossover-outboard.

Altho the reviewers noted that the JRs could go deeper, and they can, the bass wasn't as clean as with the ls3/5a.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> LS3/5a All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: