SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to sell T27s with dinked domes...........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: How to sell T27s with dinked domes........... Reply with quote

To sell T27 SP1032 with damaged domes you get a pair of Celestion HF2000 diffusers and file four notches into the brass, then spray matt black.

Fit the diffusers to the T27s with "Supaglue" make up a pair of small labels and put a mock signature on them.

Sell on ePrey with £150+ "buy now" or a silly starting price Very Happy .

You won't get caught out as the evidence will be distroyed when the diffuser is removed.

How do you tell?

Well, the LS3/5a Celestion HF2000 brass diffusers are round - leftovers from the rear mounted unit used in early Ditton 25s and IMFs.

The later diffusers with "ears" indicate a marriage Twisted Evil .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be best if you take on a new personality, I'm afraid.

Put the speakers on ePrey. Sound a bit on the nasty side in your description (non paying bidders will be hung, drawn & quartered or some such rot). Describe the speakers as mint, mint, mint! Seemingly Factory Fresh! For more inspiration, visit ePrey itself.

Overcharge for insurance. Be ridiculously detailed,vague and fuzzy on the terms and conditions of the sale.

When (if) the purchaser complains, blame the shipping company, tell them that they have to take the responsibility because they did not read the terms and conditions properly, your cat died and it was a full moon...

Actually, no, don't do this. I just got sick to my stomach and have to stop.

Sorry.

Gary

PS To some, it's ePrey. To others, it's ePray. What a wonderful jumble!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> LS3/5a All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: