SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! - What tweeters are in these IMF TLS80???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Linn Kan, Isobarik and others
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centaurus
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: HELP! - What tweeters are in these IMF TLS80??? Reply with quote

Hi all,

below is a link to my yahoo photos. take a look at the IMF speakers link. there's a local guy that wants me to trade my KEF 104/2 for his IMF TLS80 MKII. i put an ad on craigslist looking to trade my speakers for some big IMF transmission lines.

I've actually had two offers for TLS80. both have issues. the ones in question have been modded to run what has to be the oldest SEAS dome tweeter I've ever seen. AND the funkiest "super tweeter". it looks like a ribbon tweeter from a Genesis speaker. you guys have any ideas?

anyway, from a visual standpoint, the previous owner (not the present owner) looked like he did a clean install. BUT, you just can plop in whatever tweeters you like in that complicated IMF crossover and expect it to sound right. there's no telling if this "tweaker" did any compensatory mods to the crossover for these new drivers.

anyway, take a look and tell me what you think those ribbon tweeters are:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/centaurus3200/album?.dir=/870escd

so, far, i might be interested, but not straight trade. more like trade/cash???

thanks,
Robby
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! - What tweeters are in these IMF TLS80??? Reply with quote

There is an excellent albeit short article on IMF loudspeakers in the latest edition of Hi-Fi News. (April)
A most satysfying read indeed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Linn Kan, Isobarik and others All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: