SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 105.2 S-Stop Module: Repair or Replacement?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeBandit
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: KEF 105.2 S-Stop Module: Repair or Replacement? Reply with quote

An acquaintance of mine who owns a pair of KEF 105.2 speakers was just told that the module in the S-Stop circuit of one is no longer working properly (it constantly trips). My understanding is that these module were custom made by/for KEF and new replacements don't exist. At this point, it appears his only option is to bypass the entire circuit, which of course means no more protection. Has anyone else run into this? If so, are there any ways to save the S-Stop?

Thanks
TB
Mind_Drive
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting; a friend of mine has just acquired a set of 105.2 with a lot of work/upgrades done- one speaker seemed to cut out very briefly several times in one second in the TEST position.

I wonder if this indicates a similar fault with S-STOP?
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early ones were discrete components; transistors, diodes, etc. These can be repaired. Later ones used thick film potted modules. I have few spares. PM only for enquiries please.
TimeBandit
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. PM sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: