SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 107 - Looking for a KUBE Power Supply/Adapter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichmondMark
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: KEF 107 - Looking for a KUBE Power Supply/Adapter Reply with quote

Just registered. I have some 104/2s and now a pair of 107s. I'm missing the adapter/power supply for the 107 KUBE. I did a quick search and it looks like the topic has come up a few times (maybe not recently) with some ideas on how to potentially rig one. I wondered if anyone has found a suitable replacement...perhaps someone has crossed that bridge since the topic was last discussed?

Looking forward to getting the 107s up and running -- foam kit arrives today. So I'm really in need of a KUBE solution!

THANKS
tlmadsen
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it 107 or 107/2 we are talking about ?

Thomas
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an ac/ac adapter with 23V 300mA output.
RichmondMark
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your responses -- it is a 107 KUBE.

Not much info out there on the 107 KUBE. It looks like 107 vs 107/2 makes a difference. So it looks like the 107/2 KUBE was 23VAC but the 107 was 18VAC. The back of the cabinet on the KUBE 107 indicated 18VAC as did the specs written on the only 107 power supply I was able to find a picture of on line.

I had a search going for a 107 KUBE but figuring a replacement would be hard to find I followed the lead of another poster. With the help of a friend we were able to retrofit an 18VAC power supply (RANE RS-1) to work. Curious to hear any thoughts on that.

The KUBE has now been functional for a week's use and appears to be doing its job -- it appears the 18VAC did the trick. The speakers are now refoamed and are sounding great...they are actually fantastic...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: