SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HTS2001 rehab with PCB9 and helper woofer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucegseidner
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: HTS2001 rehab with PCB9 and helper woofer Reply with quote

I generally like the KEF HTS2001 satellites. There are things they do nicely and they are well mated to the content and mix of TV programing and DVD movies.

But with music content, the hole below their 80Hz and the way the subwoofer cuts in is disappointing.

I built Cantatas back in the day and they are bi-wired with the PCB9 crossover that feeds the B139 bass driver.

Now, I know enough to be dangerous. But it seems to me that I could bi-wire the HTS2001's with a PCB9 to a helper woofer.

But I also know that crossing the HTS2001 at 250Hz may create a nasty bump in the overlapping range of 250Hz down to the 80Hz roll off. I am also unsure how easy it would be to change the crossover from 250Hz down to 80Hz. My layman's understanding is limited but I fear it is more than changing a resistor at these frequencies.

Falcon Acoustics still sells the PCB9 and I would appreciate advise on the values of the components that would get this crossover down to 80Hz.

Thanking all in advance. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: