SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 104/2's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolverine
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: KEF 104/2's Reply with quote

Hello All

I have just joined the forum firstly to gain the best opinions on what I am contemplating in terms of my wanting to purchase a pair of KEF 104/2's to run with my NuForce Ref 9 V3SE pre and mono block power amps.

I am originally from Oldham Lancashire in the United Kingdom and after life's dramas find myself happily residing in Vancouver British Columbia, I have put together a new system whilst here and I have recently been researching which speakers to replace my Linn Keilidh speakers with.

These speakers were a short term option after spending $7k plus on my pre and power and source alone and so far my replacement choices have all been around the $7k mark also but that said I have noticed that up at this level things have been a little too bright and analytical at times.

My reason for looking at the 104/2's is that during my early interest in HIFI I was repeatedly blown away by these beauties and don't
seem to be able to find that same awe !

Having looked at a selection based on my amps 275 watts per channel into 4 ohms on a class D switching amp I figure that the 104's would partner very well as the amps move current with ease.

I am seeking the best advise to help me with this choice as there are a pair of 104' available to me completely professionally refurbished for a fraction of the budget I mentioned earlier.

Whilst the amps seem to work on paper with the 104's and I am looking for the sound I remember that is more of a love for music than sheer detail I would appreciate comment on the pro's and cons of what I am about to get into !!!

Thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: