SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

104/2 Reference Series tweeter issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aviator363
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: 104/2 Reference Series tweeter issues Reply with quote

I just acquired a pair of old KEF 104/2's. After a few weeks, one of the tweeters went out. After extensive research, I narrowed my options to the VIFA DX25's, Morel MDT 29's, or the overpriced KEF replacements with a 90 day wait. I decided on the DX25's. When I put them in, I just wrapped the wire around the lead (no solder) in case they didn't work. Turns out, the tweeter emits a tiny bit of sound and the rest of the speaker is silent.

Any ideas?
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 104/2 Reference Series tweeter issues Reply with quote

Stick a multimeter on the bass unit, first ensure that the coil is not open circuit. Try to do it with driver disconnected from the crossover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: