SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B200 SP1070

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: B200 SP1070 Reply with quote

I've tried in vain to find the specs for the SP1070 variant.

Has anyone measured the T/S parameters for these drivers? As I've obtained 4 such drivers, I'm wondering if they are suitable for a 100lt overall bandpass design, like the 107.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SP1070 was used in the 17 litre Celeste IV/III/II and has a pretty weedy motor, so I'd expect the driver to get "lost" in any volume greater than 20 litre.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
SaSi
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems just about right for what I'd like to experiment.

Two 20lt chambers for the drivers, 30-40lt front chamber and the rest allocated to a "shelf port" firing upwards.

Perhaps it's the most appropriate example of a driver to actually complete the T/S parameter measurement.

And - as I've read here - despite calculations, it takes experimentation to fine tune the balance between volumes, stuffing and crossover compensation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: