SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celeate 1v

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craigb
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Celeate 1v Reply with quote

I've just discovered this site (and google was not helpfull) and I am really pleased that I'm not the only one!

I have recently added to my collection a pair of Celeste iv's and would love to know how to get in to them, as I want to check the condition of the units. I have found the way to the crossover but am not shue how to remove the "grilll"

Any ideas?
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take the base off and tease the glued fabric from the edges you will be able to roll-up the stockinet to access the KEF and Audax drive units.

However the top stockinet covered board is glued into a recess in which the top of the glued "cover" resides.

If you cannot take the top board off without causing any damage or are prepared to do some woodworking and upholstery work, you're stuffed.
Craigb
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Colin - thought as much. I feel that I am going to get real value from this site!

Craig
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having checked through my notes. Cool

The screws holding the base in position are hiding under the four felt feet.

You have to remove the central bolt (if fitted) too.

You can then say hello to the crossover. Very Happy
Ripcurler
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that this is thread is more than a decade old but I thought I should contribute just in case anyone else is tackling a Celeste iv rebuild.

The top cover is held in place with a single central screw. The screw is hidden under the kef logo. Simply tease out the kef logo with a thin plastic pry (a credit card will also do the trick) to reveal the screw head. The grille fabric sock is secured with a strip of velcro and pulls off easily.

If there are unsightly pulls in the fabric simply put it back on inside out..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> DIY with KEF drive units All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: