SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Links and References

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terry
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Links and References Reply with quote

The main website for people interested in LS3/5a appears to be at http://www.ls35a.com/. There is also an active Yahoo Group called LS35a with nearly 1000 members. Can anyone provide any other links, references for the LS3/5 and LS3/5a?
boyzo
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: My site with LS35a copies Reply with quote

Here is my site with my versions of the LS35a OK they are NOT clones
You need skills to build them but the results are worth it, I also have a bass equaliser for the LS35a that transforms them. Smile

http://member.melbpc.org.au/~jkaso/index.htm
terry
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: My site with LS35a copies Reply with quote

boyzo wrote:
You need skills to build them but the results are worth it, I also have a bass equaliser for the LS35a that transforms them. Smile

Thanks for visiting the forum John (I think it is John). Your site is well worth a visit and it is a great jumping off point for other interesting sites too. Hopefully your counter will start clocking up large numbers of visitors from this forum in due course.

I must spend some time raeding your LS3/5a section. Hope you don't mind if I borrow a few ideas from it.
boyzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: My site with LS35a copies Reply with quote

terry wrote:
boyzo wrote:

Thanks for visiting the forum John (I think it is John). Your site is well worth a visit and it is a great jumping off point for other interesting sites too. Hopefully your counter will start clocking up large numbers of visitors from this forum in due course.

I must spend some time raeding your LS3/5a section. Hope you don't mind if I borrow a few ideas from it.

Thanks for the compliments Alan and yes I have had more hits since you linked to your site Smile

My web site tracking shows immense interest in the LS35a the best near field monitor ever.

My web site is for all to use its public domain

Questions just email the webmaster Wink
terry
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you posting here again John.
Terry
boyzo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: merry christmas to all Reply with quote

Hope you all have a nice christmas
here is my website for the LS35/a clone
http://member.melbpc.org.au/~jkaso/loudspeakers.htm
I get 50% hits for the LS35/a the best nearfield monitor EVER
I have 2 pairs going daily on the web and for mp3's
Thanks to Alan for his nice KEF site

Best wishes to all

Boyzo
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of KEF Chorale speakers (B110, T-27) and SP 1015 crossovers. They sound nice!

Would there be any advantage of changing the crossover to a LS3/5A crossover? Would it sound similar to a genuine LS3/5A speaker?

I have no intention of changing the cabinet.

Thanks for any replies.

Gary

PS Also for consideration... I might take it somewhere to see if the crossovers are out of spec. Is this a good idea (I presume it is!)
terry
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary you might be interested in the information at the bottom of this web page.
Terry
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that Terry - thanks! Smile

However, I have more speakers than I know what to do with! Shocked I have pairs KEF Calindas, KEF Chorale, Tangent TM1, Tangent RS6 and Tangent RS8's! As well as a pair of the New Large Advent and a set with Audax drivers which I'm tryng to identify. Confused

I can run only three sets of speakers at one time in various rooms. But it's fun! Laughing

I just love the "British" sound...
David
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, if you look at the ls3/5a website you will see that the drivers were modified for the ls3/5as to fit the BBC spec. Apparently the plastics on the B110 varied from batch to batch so the mods were necessary.

You could certainly try to switch the crossover and see what happens, but aren't the enclosures different sizes? and different construction. You might try to get the plans and build a ls3/5a enclosure, purchase the crossovers from Falcon and drop in your drivers. You have the most expensive parts already.

I am in Toronto too, and would love to get a set of ls3/5as but the price has gone through the roof. And yes, I have more pairs of speakers than I can listen to as well.

Cheers

David
boyzo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
I have a pair of KEF Chorale speakers (B110, T-27) and SP 1015 crossovers. They sound nice!

Would there be any advantage of changing the crossover to a LS3/5A crossover? Would it sound similar to a genuine LS3/5A speaker?

I have no intention of changing the cabinet.

Thanks for any replies.

Gary

PS Also for consideration... I might take it somewhere to see if the crossovers are out of spec. Is this a good idea (I presume it is!)

Garry several things you can do
IF the B110 and T27 are in good condition.
Do as Alan suggested go to the Whaton website for cabinet and cossover info ... the Chorale cabinet will not make an LS35/a dimensions are wrong.
Visit my website I have some LS3/5a info ... crossovers // cabinets ... etc
My cabinet is ULTRA rigid BBClike thin walls damped ...
My LS3/5a clones are GREAT .

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> LS3/5a All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: