SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difficult room solution 104/2s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dublin78
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Difficult room solution 104/2s Reply with quote

Hi
I am looking for some help chosing some loudspeakers for my system (stereo).
I am currently running KEF 104/2s off a Musical Fidelity pre/power set up. The power amp (A5) has a colossal 250 watts each side and is capable of using up to 200 amps, so it should cope with anything.
The problem is that the system is located in a bedroom (my sitting room is not suitable). The bedroom is fairly cramped, as it has a large sleigh bed located 24" infront of the speakers and several large mahogany dressers and cupboards in close proximity.
I am looking for a pair of loudspeakers that would be least affected by these physical constraints. I am looking to spend about £600, and am happy with secondhand units.
Are there any speaker designs that are more forgiving in these kinds of environments?
Thanks in advance.
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: