SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kef (Sheppard) floorstanding speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Linn Kan, Isobarik and others
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemming
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Kef (Sheppard) floorstanding speakers Reply with quote

Hi just joined the forum and would like to know more about Sheppard Speakers, they used four KEF drivers B139,B110, T15,and T27. does any body know any more ??

Thanks in anticipation
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, you're not the poor chap who's just bought that pair of "ringers" off Epay.

B139B's have been fitted into B139A frames and the T27's are SP1032's not A6535's, for those who didn't see them.
The T15 ceased to be availble to the general public in 1975 and to the trade in 1977, so you can roughly date the speakers if you wish.

As far as I'm aware Sheppard were cabinet makers, who produced audio furniture. I've got one of their record cabinets.

Last edited by ColinR on Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
lemming
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no just watching a piar on epay and have never heard of them!
lemming
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the short reply,had to dash out, I think I will drop them off my watch list ... and stick to my Lentek monitors and K2 Celeste while perhaps look out for a pair of Reference 104 AB`s Wink

Thanks for your help
Chris R
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear me indeed. Guess somebody will buy them... What a mess!
Probably better selling off the units alone, but you never know with ePay! Very Happy

ColinR wrote:
Oh dear, you're not the poor chap who's just bought that pair of "ringers" off Epay.

B139B's have been fitted into B139A frames and the T27's are SP1032's not A6535's, for those who didn't see them.
The T15 ceased to be availble to the general public in 1975 and to the trade in 1977, so you can roughly date the speakers if you wish.

As far as I'm aware Sheppard were cabinet makers, who produced audio furniture. I've got one of their record cabinets.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and stick to my Lentek monitors and K2 Celeste while perhaps look out for a pair of Reference 104 AB`s

Don't discount the KEF Calinda or the Ref 103 to "fill the gap" between the 4-way transmission line Lentek Monitor and Celeste, although you may find that another "big-un" like the 3-way Cantata more appealing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Linn Kan, Isobarik and others All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: