SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 103.3 AIYIMA A07 Amp and T8 Tube Preamp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SprungNickel
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: KEF 103.3 AIYIMA A07 Amp and T8 Tube Preamp Reply with quote

In my restoration of 103.3 I read up quite a bit on the newer Chinese Amps and Preamps and dipped a toe in.

I bought Aiyma A07 Class D amp for $72 with 32V 5A psu. It does the job well and sounds clean but for the target of 50-200W at 4ohms it leaves some to be desired on the upper volume end. 2Ch at 4ohm is about 75W. My Yamaha RX-V2095 at 220W at 4ohm is in much greater control. Perhaps a 48V 7/10A PSU might do the KEF 103.3 more justice.

I also wanted a USB DAC and Preamp at Bought the Aiyima T8 Tube Preamp/Dac for $125. 3 Digital inputs, spdif, coaxial and USB, BT 50 apTX HD, and 1 analog line in.
My Kube set between amp and preamp. The Tube gives a good warm sound. I'm no purist and like the useability and functions it provides. It streams well from BT and USB PC.
NAD 7175PE
Flickr album with photos inside 103.3
Schematics of crossover and KUBE
Mind_Drive
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting that these chip amps are coming into their own.

I myself have been driving my 105.4 with a Tripath-based amp, the Amptastic Mini-1. It's never going to give seismic bass but it actually works very well in most respcts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Audio equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: