SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T/S of SP1076 from the 105/4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee in Montreal
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: T/S of SP1076 from the 105/4 Reply with quote

I have tested SP1076 woofers from a 105/4 on a frequency generator and was happily surprised to see that its Fs is much lower than the B200 SP1188 from a 104/2.

Instead of resonating at Fs35 and dropping quickly, the SP1076 goes flat to... 25Hz and drops very slowly to 20Hz. I was impressed. So, trying to make new cabs with the SP1076s but each one having their own volume, not shared like the 105/4. But I need the T/S for that driver. I believe it was designed in 1980 and only used in the 105/4.

Anybody has the T/S specs?
Plenty of KEF components for a few fun builds
Mind_Drive
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is your plan to make cabs a bit like the ones Willem-57 did? They were slightly larger with seperate chambers for each driver.

It's such a shame that all of his pictures of the development of those have gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: