SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF KUBE 104.2 - Recapping and OP AMP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee in Montreal
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject: KEF KUBE 104.2 - Recapping and OP AMP Reply with quote

Anyone can point me to a thread about recapping and changing the op amp on a Kube 104.2 ? Which Burr Brown should I use?

TIA
Plenty of KEF components for a few fun builds
speakerguru
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recapping electrolytics - just get new ones with low esr and higher temperature rating. The non electrolytics in all the Kubes were polypropylene . I don’t think there’s anything better been invented to date.

Re op amps, unless you’re knowledgeable enough to redesign every stage, I’d leave well alone. To take advantage of lower noise non fet op amps you need to scale the whole circuit to a lower impedance level and run at a higher signal level using higher voltage power supplies. (Like the pro kubes)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: