SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ariston RD11S... bearing and drive belts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iso
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Ariston RD11S... bearing and drive belts Reply with quote

Last week I bought nice Thorens TD125 with SME3009 Series II Improved with detachable head shell and Ariston RD11S.

I have now been digging a bit to find what is needed to rebuild these units. Hopefully there are no major issues to expected, but new oil in the platter bearing and drive belts are needed for sure. Thorens seems to supply belts and oil for TD125, so belt and oil for this one should not be problem.

But... some advice for long time ago busted Ariston would be appreciated. Owners manual do mention that teflon sleeved bearing should be lubricated with machine oil. Is Thorens oil OK, even it is intended for bearings with bronze ( sintered?) bushes? Also advice for good belt supplier in Europe would be appreciated, as quality of generic belts has not been too good. My 30 year old NOS AR-XB belts seems to quite much better than belts sold recently for AR.

Tim mentioned earlier that Ariston engineering was not up to German standard. What kind of problems were bearing problems mentioned? If Tim or anyone other on this forum do know what should be done to make RD11S to perform as new, let me know.

Best Regards

Kimmo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Audio equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: